On June 16, 2022, the Hellenic Investors Association and its President, GIBA member John Kyriakopoulos (Kyros Financial Group and Kyros Law Offices), organized the 1st International Conference entitled “A New Era of Investor Protection, Sustainability, and Pension Reforms”.
The event took place at the Royal Olympic Hotel in Athens and was inaugurated by Athens Mayor Mr. Kostas Bakoyiannis and H.E. Mr. George J. Tsunis, U.S. Ambassador to the Hellenic Republic.
The highly attended panels included
1) Building a Capital Markets Union and Enhancing Investor Confidence & Protection
2) Major Reforms & Investment Projects in Greece
3) Corporate Sustainability Reporting: the impact of sustainability on investment strategies.
4) Occupational Retirement Provision & the role of Pan-European Personal Pension Products
Several internationally recognized speakers came to Athens and participated in the conference from Europe and the USA, including
– Mr. Olav Haazen (Principal attorney at Grant & Eisenhofer and Head of Litigation Team at ICSID Arbitration);
– Mr. Jean-Paul Servais (Chairman, Belgian Financial Services & Markets Authority FSMA);
– Ms. Anastasia Stamou (Vice-Chair of the Hellenic Capital Market Commission HCMC);
– Mr. Haris Lambropoulos (President Hellenic Development Bank of Investments);
– Mr. Nirmesh Kumar, Commercial Attache, Embassy of India in Greece;
– MP’s from the European Union and Greece; and many others from Greece and abroad.
GIBA was represented by Board Member James P. Mimikos shown here with John Kyriakopoulos.
HELLENIC INVESTORS ASSOCIATION (HELINAS) is the Greek Association Member of BETTER FINANCE that protects investors and actively represents their stockholder interests in Greece, the USA, and elsewhere. It closely monitors the developments concerning the legal framework for investment protection in Greece, the sustainable financing, and the healthy development of the Capital Market.
Download the Agenda